In the United States, the number of teenagers affected by obesity has nearly tripled since the 1970s. From lack of exercise to lack of motivation, online gaming to minimal school resources, there are several reasons why today's youth has fallen behind the curve when it comes to staying active.
That's why we've created a specialization for trainers who want to help reverse the problems facing today’s youth and face their challenges head-on. Through hands-on exercises and expert programming, you'll understand how to help keep kids motivated and engaged in sports, weightlifting, running, and more.
With this fully digital program, you'll learn about exercise variables and modifications for nutritional needs, cardiorespiratory, core, balance, plyometrics, and resistance training all geared towards younger populations. Plus, get everything you need to know about fitness assessments, psychological considerations, and how to grow your business by working with today's youth.
Why Become a Youth Exercise Specialist?
- Tap into the growing demand for physical fitness experts for young people ages 6 to 19
- Provide training solutions for after-school programs, youth sports teams, and the children of adult clients
- Show kids how to have fun while improving their sports skills, increasing their physical activity level, and losing weight
- Boost your reputation, career, and client base by learning to train young people in groups or individually using the Optimum Performance Training (OPT™) Model
- Help curb the youth obesity trend with exercise and nutritional guidance
- Invest in your clients' lives and futures as well as your own!
The course includes:
- 1.0 NASM CEUs
- 12 In-Depth Chapters
- Downloadable Course Manual
- Downloadable Programming Manual
- Online Quizzes
- Exercise Library
- 1 Year to Complete the Final Exam
- Course content 100% Online; Access on All Devices
- Certificate of Completion
- Chapter 1: Rationale for Youth Fitness Training
- Chapter 2: Anatomical and Physiological Considerations for Youth
- Chapter 3: Psychological Considerations for Youth
- Chapter 4: Fitness Assessment for Youth
- Chapter 5: Youth Flexibility Guidelines
- Chapter 6: Cardiorespiratory Training for Youth
- Chapter 7: Core and Balance Training Guidelines for Youth
- Chapter 8: Plyometric, Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training for Youth
- Chapter 9: Resistance Training for Youth
- Chapter 10: Integrated Program Design for Youth Clients
- Chapter 11: Nutrition for Youth
- Chapter 12: Professional Development
Final Exam Format:
- Passing score: 70% or higher
- Number of questions: 60 multiple choice
- Time limit: 90 minutes
- Number of attempts : 3
- Exam Expiration : 365 days from the course activation
- Exam Administration: Exam must be taken at Optimum Performance Studio in Central
CEUs: NASM (1.0) ACE (1.0)