In this course you will discover modalities for use in a group fitness setting with a focus on the benefits to group fitness clients. In addition, you will examine the definition and unique features of each modality, including exercises, proper technique, effective cueing, common form faults, and multi-planar variations.
The course includes:
- Online course and downloadable materials
- Special Populations Exercise Guidelines
- Exercise library and videos
- Workout templates
- Online supporting videos
- Module quizzes
- Final online exam
There are 4 modules in the AFAA Practical Modality Instruction course:
- Module 1: Introduction to Modality Training - In this module, you will review the various modalities suitable to the group fitness environment as well as important information related to the Five Kinetic Chain Checkpoints.
- Module 2: Common Modalities - In this module, you will learn about modalities common to and most easily applied in the group setting, including body weight training, foam rolling, stability balls, elastic resistance, and sliding discs.
- Module 3: Progressive Modalities - In this module, you will learn about more advanced modalities for use in the group setting, including medicine balls, suspension training, dumbbells, kettlebells, box drills, and rolling active resistance.
- Module 4: Application of Modalities and Best Practices - In this final module, you will apply the common and progressive modalities you learned in the previous modules. You will review best practices and considerations for application of the modalities to the group fitness setting.
- Explain Modality Training and its use.
- Identify modalities suitable in the group fitness environment.
- Describe the benefits of each modality suitable for the group fitness environment.
- Identify exercises for each modality suitable for the group fitness environment.
- Identify multiplanar variations for each exercise to promote functional efficiency and prevent injury.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 15 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.