AFAA Midlife Fitness for Women
In this online course, you’ll focus on the physiology of women during and past midlife, including the stages and symptoms associated with menopause, and the long-term effects of oestrogen deficiency (e.g., osteoporosis and heart disease). In addition, you will learn programming strategies for this fitness population.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Downloadable worksheet
- Online supporting video
- Final online exam
The AFAA Midlife Fitness for Women will focus on 6 topics:
- Defining Menopause
- Stages of Menopause
- Symptoms of Menopause and their management
- Long-term effects of Estrogen deficiency
- The effects of exercise
- Practical application and programming ideas
Upon completion of Midlife Fitness for Women course, you will be able to:
- Discriminate physiological changes in the body that occur due to menopause.
- Distinguish between the various stages of menopause and available treatment plans.
- Ascertain the role exercise plays in the management of menopausal symptoms.
- Apply training guidelines to ensure safe and effective programming for menopausal women.
- Analyze a variety of exercise modalities to help motivate clients to participate in physical activity throughout life.
- Incorporate professionalism into his/her practice by following the Code of Ethics and related legal guidelines.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 15 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.
AFAA (7.0), NASM (0.7)
Online Self Study