In this online course, you’ll focus on the physiology of women during and past midlife, including the stages and symptoms associated with menopause, and the long-term effects of oestrogen deficiency (e.g., osteoporosis and heart disease). In addition, you will learn programming strategies for this fitness population.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Downloadable worksheet
- Online supporting video
- Final online exam
The AFAA Midlife Fitness for Women will focus on 6 topics:
- Defining Menopause
- Stages of Menopause
- Symptoms of Menopause and their management
- Long-term effects of Estrogen deficiency
- The effects of exercise
- Practical application and programming ideas
Upon completion of Midlife Fitness for Women course, you will be able to:
- Discriminate physiological changes in the body that occur due to menopause.
- Distinguish between the various stages of menopause and available treatment plans.
- Ascertain the role exercise plays in the management of menopausal symptoms.
- Apply training guidelines to ensure safe and effective programming for menopausal women.
- Analyze a variety of exercise modalities to help motivate clients to participate in physical activity throughout life.
- Incorporate professionalism into his/her practice by following the Code of Ethics and related legal guidelines.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 15 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.