Arthur Ashe is quoted as saying, “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” The same can be said about learning … it, too, is a journey and not a destination. Gray Institute® exists because our learning should never stop.
There is a drastic difference between traditional education and functional learning. Functional learning is also another way of saying Applied Functional Science® (AFS). AFS is the common thread to all that Gray Institute® delivers. AFS is based on scientific truth – not theory – that strategically links to the most effective and efficient techniques for the individual.
How can you learn more about AFS? No matter where you are in your career, Gray Institute® has various on-ramps to this learning highway. These on-ramps will enhance your learning, challenge your education, and equip you to better serve the individuals who entrust you in their prevention, performance, and rehabilitation.
- Caution—Distinct things instructors should be aware of as they relate to scope of practice and potential pitfalls.
- Check it Out—Quick tips and/or facts that have an apparent application and real-world usability. This feature enables the reader a quick insight and application to the concepts read.
- Instructor Tips—Inside-the-industry application tips from experts with years of experience.
- Memory Tips—Tips and tricks for instructors to easily remember complex terms without the extended eﬀort of rote memorization.
- Practice This—On-the-spot activities to help instructors practice and apply the content.