This online training course, Functional Yoga System (FYS) is a course for yoga instructors or movement professionals who want to expand their knowledge, application, and impact, making it the only specialization in the industry to enhance yoga practices by taking an Applied Functional Science® perspective and accessible mindset.
This specially-designed course will deepen your understanding of the body, its needs, and how you can help students, clients, and patients achieve their goals. FYS dives deeply into the physical practice of yoga to make your yoga more functional for today’s human body – while continuing to uplift the many ways traditional yoga gets it right.
The most comprehensive functional yoga training course, Functional Yoga System, is designed for the human body of today while celebrating the many ways traditional yoga gets it right.
Yoga is an ancient practice bringing together body, mind, and spirit. However, our understanding of the human body has changed significantly since the physical practice of yoga was first developed. Moreover, our jobs, sports and hobbies often require repetitive motions which may lead to overuse injuries—factors that traditional yoga may not address. This one of a kind specialization will help you enhance your yoga practice by training you in the latest in functional movement.
Who is Functional Yoga System for?
- Yoga Instructors
- Yoga Master Instructors
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Personal Trainers working with yoga practitioners
- Therapy Aides
- Movement Specialists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon satisfactory completion of the Functional Yoga System, and upon becoming a Functional Yoga Specialist, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the Foundational Principles of Applied Functional Science®.
- Apply the Principle-Strategy-Technique Process.
- Utilize the Applied Functional Science® Movement Spectrum to discern the difference between non-functional and functional.
- Identify the components of Tweakology (Variability).
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the language and Nomenclature of Function.
- Identify and name the joint positions and motions of Functional Chain Reaction® Biomechanics.
- Summarize the significance of being Triadoxically Yoked.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the 6 Vital Chain Reaction movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the Mobility and Stability movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the Out-of-Chain and Out-of-Plane movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the Hybrid Foot and Hybrid Hand movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the unilateral hand movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriate prescribe the On-Ground movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Demonstrate and appropriately prescribe the Fascial Chain movements and poses (exercises) of 3DMAPS.
- Identify and employ the energy tweaks of Functional Yoga to create the most effective environment and Chain Reaction® to facilitate the desired needs and wants of each individual.
- Formulate and teach (coach) groupings and progressions of Functional Yoga movements and poses (exercises) for individuals as well as classes.
- Utilize the movements and poses (exercises) of Functional Yoga as assessment movements and poses to determine an individual’s successful threshold.
- Facilitate the teaching (coaching environment) to take advantage of the power of encouragement, engagement, and empowerment.
- Realize that Functional Yoga and Applied Functional Science® is an ongoing journey of transforming and enhancing the lives of others.
- Expand your knowledge of The Functional Aspects of Yoga
- Learn to make your classes more inclusive and customised
- Gain access to exclusive resources and course materials
- Functional Yoga System is CEU Eligible
- Access online course materials with a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience
- Take your course when you want and where you want
- Exams must be passed with an 70% average.
- Participants may retake the exams at any time until they pass.
- Exam questions are multiple choice and true/false format.
NASM (1.6), AFAA (15), ACE (1.8), ACSM (15), CanFitPro (4.0), Yoga Alliance (14.5)