This online training course, Foot / Ankle Specialization gives Movement Professionals the knowledge, understanding, wisdom and skills to create the most effective environments for Rehabilitation, Performance, Prevention as it relates to the Foot and Ankle's influence on the body and the body's influence on the Foot and Ankle.
Most conventional movement education doesn’t offer a comprehensive breakdown of the foot and ankle. Consequently, practitioners often have to make educated guesses without understanding the true nature of the dysfunction they’re working with, nor how it influences (and is influenced) by the rest of the body.
This course fills in those gaps by examining how the feet and ankles are the foundation of the body and expanding the movement professional’s understanding of the biomechanics of the foot and ankle so he or she can successfully identify, assess, treat and train people suffering from pain, dysfunction, and other injuries.
Ultimately, this Foot / Ankle Specialization will provide you the foundations, along with the competence and confidence, to continue your lifelong journey to enhancing your knowledge and abilities in order to enhance the lives of others.
Who is Foot / Ankle for?
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Therapy Aides
- Movement Specialists
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
Course Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the three sciences of Applied Functional Science®
- Employ the Principle-Stategy-Technique Process
- Differentiate between Functional and Non-Functional Techniques
- Describe the Principles of Behavioral Science
- Identify all Anatomical Structures of the Foot / Ankle
- Restate the clinical significance of Proprioceptors
- Define all motions and positions of the Foot / Ankle and lower extremity
- Articulate the difference between off weight-bearing and weight-bearing function of the Foot / Ankle
- Compare traditional muscle function with Functional Muscle Function
- Demonstrate The Chain Reaction® Biomechanics of the Foot / Ankle and lower extremity
- Summarize The Chain Reaction® Biomechanics of various forms of functional activities
- Utilize the 3D Movement Analysis Performance System® to Assess, Treat and Train
- Reveal the movements and motions of The Chain Reactions of 3DMAPS®
- Explain the components and the science of Tweakology
- Name the Authentic Drivers of human movement
- Design Functional Environments to create the desired Chain Reaction®
- Choose the most effective actions to facilitate the desired Chain Reaction®
- Perform multiple techniques utilized for all forms of Rehabilitation, Performance and Prevention
- Apply Functional Manual Reaction® to enhance the motion of the joints and the movements of the body
- List the components of Functional Progressions of common dysfunctions and injuries
- Illustrate the features and benefits of various strategic environments
- Translate the strategies of Applied Functional Science® into the most effective techniques
- Incorporate the Dynamical System Approach to achieve goals and develop buffer zones
- Develop competence and confidence in order to enhance the lives of others
- Expand your knowledge of the Biomechanics of Foot & Ankle
- Learn how the Chain Reaction of Foot/Ankle impacts the body
- Gain access to exclusive resources and course materials
- Foot / Ankle is a CEU Eligible
- Access online course materials with a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience
- Take your course when you want and where you want
- Over 17 hours of video rich content
- 80 page detailed PDF
- Exams must be passed with an 70% average.
- Participants may retake the exams at any time until they pass.
- Exam questions are multiple choice and true/false format.
NASM (1.9), AFAA (15), ACE (1.7), ACSM (17), CanFitPro (4.0)