AFAA Sunrise Yoga
The Sunrise Yoga online course introduces you to a gentle approach to yoga that will teach you how to create a progressive series of poses that flow smoothly and accommodate all fitness levels. Poses that increase muscular strength and flexibility, improve balance and coordination, reduce stress and enhance the feeling of well-being while linking mind, body, and breath.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Online supporting videos
- Final online exam
The AFAA Sunrise Yoga course will cover the following topics:
- History and Foundation of Yoga
- Benefits of Yoga
- The Seven Energy Centres—“Chakras”
- The Role and Use of Breath in Yoga
- Sunrise Yoga Class
- Guided Relaxation and Meditation
- AFAA 5 Questions
- Class Format
- Cueing Techniques
- Postures and Alignment Questions and Final Discussion
Upon completion of the participants of AFAA’s Sunrise Yoga workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of AFAA’s Sunrise Yoga Format in preparation for teaching group yoga classes.
- Evaluate yoga postures based on the AFAA 5 QuestionsTM and determine the appropriateness for pose progressions for class use.
- Progress, vary intensity, and modify specific postures within the Sunrise Yoga Format.
- Design a safe and effective well-balanced class to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Understand common yoga styles and breathing methods.
- Utilize a variety of visual, verbal, and imagery cueing techniques.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 15 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.
AFAA (7.0) NASM (0.7)
Online Self Study