AFAA G.E.A.R. Indoor Cycling Certification
AFAA’s G.E.A.R. Indoor Cycle Training is an evolved approach to traditional Indoor Cycling that acknowledges the broadened set of knowledge, skills, and abilities that instructors need to be successful in today’s highly competitive indoor cycling market.
Today’s instructors should not only be fluent in the basic science of indoor cycling but must also be prepared to embrace technology and the role it plays in class design and delivery. Additionally, they must understand the artistic elements of music utilization, dynamic coaching, and community building that are essential to success. This certification provides instructors with the best of both; science to be effective, art to be engaging.
The course includes:
- Online Interactive e-book
- Online supporting video
- Exportable Instructor Resources (templates and infographics)
- Module Practice Exams
- Module Quizzes
- Final online exam
The AFAA G.E.A.R. Indoor Cycling Certification consists of 8 interactive modules:
- Module 1: Why Indoor Cycling?
- Module 2: Indoor Cycling Fundamentals
- Module 3: Ride Profile Creation
- Module 4: Cycling Physiology
- Module 5: Cueing and Coaching
- Module 6: Music Utilization
- Module 7: Participant Engagement
- Module 8: Get into G.E.A.R.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 100 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 120 minute time limit
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.
AFAA (12.0), NASM (1.2)
Online Self Study