As a fitness professional, you know that moving efficiently in activities is key to performance and longevity for you and your participants. With AFAA’s bundled Injury Prevention Series – Essential Injury Prevention (Parts 1-4), you’ll take group fitness to an individual level by learning to assess your class and see how students move, uncover common imbalances, and make adjustments to correct them.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Online supporting videos
- Online exam
The 4-part video series covers the common mechanics of injuries, strategies for prevention, and basic rehabilitation exercises. Diagrams and examples of exercise progression ideas for the major muscles in each of the following sessions are included. Group formats discussed include Cycle, Resistance/Strength Training, Cardio/HIIT, Boot Camp, Dance, Aqua and Mind-Body.
- Module 1 - Understanding Injuries - This video course series is based on AFAA's Mechanics of Injury Prevention workshop. Series 1 ”Understanding Injuries” discusses the two categories of injuries, stages of inflammation and repair, and basic injury terminology. Intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors for injury are covered, as well as the AFAA 5 Questions and the Exercise Continuum.
- Module 2 - Upper Body - This video course series is based on AFAA's Mechanics of Injury Prevention workshop. Series 2 “Upper Body” explores injury prevention for the upper body, which includes the shoulder complex, the elbow and the wrist. It also reviews joint anatomy and structure, muscles of the glenohumeral (G-H), shoulder girdle, elbow and wrist joints.
- Module 3 - The Spine - This video course series is based on AFAA's Mechanics of Injury Prevention workshop. Series 3 “The Spine” explores injury prevention for the spine and includes discussion on spinal anatomy and structure, muscles and movements of the spine, common injuries and misalignments, major mechanisms of injury, strategies for prevention, and basic post-physical therapy exercises.
- Module 4 - Lower Body - This video course series is based on AFAA's Mechanics of Injury Prevention workshop. Series 4 “The Lower Body” explores injury prevention for the lower body and reviews anatomy and structure, muscle movements of the hip, knee, lower leg, ankle and foot, common injuries and misalignments, major mechanisms of injuries, prevention strategies, and basic rehabilitation/post-physical therapy exercises.
- Online multiple choice exam
- 15 questions per module (total 60 questions)
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing grade
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.