Gray Institute Certification in Applied Functional Science (CAFS)
Certification in Applied Functional Science® (CAFS) gives movement professionals the skills and knowledge to approach each individual according to their unique goals and daily function. There are no pre-requisites or requirements to enroll in CAFS.
Combining the principles of Applied Functional Science® with your existing skill sets and experience, learn how to take an individualized approach to program design and create truly functional programs for your clients.
Utilizing the Local to Global spectrum method, learn how to identify common dysfunction, create mobility and progress to stability and strength for any range of functional needs and for any population.
Whether you are just starting on your journey of Applied Functional Science® or are looking to continue growing, CAFS will provide a new experience by delivering the authentic truths of biomechanics and enforcing your understanding with clinical examples of how to apply these principles.
CAFS is a lockstep course meaning that the participant must complete each section in order and pass each exam before progressing on to the next section. Participants must score 80% on each exam to pass but may retake the exam in the event they fail. Exams are Multiple choice and True or False format.
- The Process of Applied Functional Science®
- 10 Observational Essentials of All Movement
- The 8 Fundamental Movement Patterns
- Endless Movement Variables
- The Local/Global Movement Continuum
- Individualized program design using a four step process.
- Functional Movement Assessments
- Utilize Local and Global assessments and corrections for the following areas: Foot/Ankle, Knee, Hip, Lumbar Spine, Thoracic Spine, Cervical Spine and Shoulder.
NASM (1.9), AFAA (15), ACE (2.5), ACSM (25), PTAG (25), NAFC (2.5)