For over 30 years AFAA has provided generations of instructors with practical skills and hands-on experience needed to inspire and motivate the world to move forward happier and healthier lives. AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification (AFAA GFI) is built on the foundation of AFAA’s reputation as a leader and innovator of group based fitness.
Not only will AFAA’s new course provide for all of the necessary entry-level skills to become an in-demand instructor, it will inform instructors about the format-specific classes and help instructors navigate various career paths within the fitness industry.
The AFAA Group Fitness Instructor course provides real life application to specific exercise formats, examples of cueing, communication, and instruction. As you progress through the AFAA Group Fitness Instructor programme, you will work towards achieving competency in the following areas:
- Demonstrate comprehension of fundamental scientific concepts related to exercise science;
- Design a well structured and balanced fitness class or workout for a diverse group of participants that is both safe and effective;
- Demonstrate comprehension of key instruction and presentation skills necessary for effective group instruction;
- Demonstrate key traits of professionalism as a group fitness instructor; and
- Demonstrate the key skills and knowledge required to be a competent group fitness instructor.
What’s included in the AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification (AFAA GFI):
- AFAA Principles of Group Fitness Instruction textbook
- AFAA Group Fitness Instruction digital chapter downloads
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online chapter study guide
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online exercise resources
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online sample workouts
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online trainer resources
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online chapter quizzes
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online practice exam
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Final exam (3 attempts)