For over 30 years AFAA has provided generations of instructors with practical skills and hands-on experience needed to inspire and motivate the world to move forward happier and healthier lives. AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification (AFAA-GFI) is built on the foundation of AFAA’s reputation as a leader and innovator of group based fitness.
Not only will the AFAA-GFI course provide for all of the necessary entry-level skills to become an in-demand instructor, it will inform instructors about the format-specific classes and help instructors navigate various career paths within the fitness industry.
AFAA-GFI course provides real life application to specific exercise formats, examples of cueing, communication, and instruction. As you progress through the course program, you will work towards achieving competency in the following areas:
- Demonstrate comprehension of fundamental scientific concepts related to exercise science;
- Design a well structured and balanced fitness class or workout for a diverse group of participants that is both safe and effective;
- Demonstrate comprehension of key instruction and presentation skills necessary for effective group instruction;
- Demonstrate key traits of professionalism as a group fitness instructor; and
- Demonstrate the key skills and knowledge required to be a competent group fitness instructor.
Course Content Includes:
- AFAA-GFI Hardcopy Textbook: AFAA Principles of Group Fitness Instruction
- AFAA-GFI Final Certification Exam (three attempts)
- Online AFAA-GFI Practice Exam
- AFAA-GFI Digital Chapter Downloads
- Online Chapter Study Guide
- Online Exercise Resources
- Online Sample Workouts
- Online Trainer Resources
- Online Chapter Quizzes
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.