This course is for fitness professionals who are interested in gaining an understanding of muscle hypertrophy and appropriate eating strategies to enhance this process.
Who Should Attend:
- Personal Trainers
- Specialised Trainers
- Fitness Trainers
The information covered in this course will help you assist clients in making positive nutritional changes that will complement their training:
- Understand the function of the muscle and its ability to improve size
- Have the knowledge to provide dietary recommendations and guidelines for hypertrophy and strength clients
- Be able to guide their client in setting realistic muscle mass gains
- Understand the role of supplements and evaluate the efficacy of supplementation
- Provide evidence-based information to clients on supplementation whilst staying within the scope of practice of a fitness professional.
Dr Rebecca Reynolds finished her PhD investigating the effect of the glycemic index on hormones, appetite and acne vulgaris at Sydney University in 2009 with Professor Jennie Brand-Miller. She has since worked in community-based obesity prevention at The World Health Organisation’s Collaborating Centre on Obesity Prevention and in nutrition education for fitness professionals at The Australian Fitness Network and public health nutrition students at Deakin University.
Gain access to mobile-friendly Course Materials that can be studied in bite-sized chunks, whenever and wherever works for you.