Discover how to assist clients to reach their fat reduction goals through nutrition.
Who Should Attend:
- Personal Trainers
- Fitness Trainers
This course will look at ways to assist clients achieve their fitness goals:
- The anatomy and physiology of fat and fat loss
- Measurement of body “fatness”
- Lifestyle and health implications of overweight and obesity
- The role of the fitness professional in helping clients achieve their goals through nutritional support and coaching
- Factors affecting metabolism
- Current nutritional guidelines for fat loss
- Current research and standpoints on nutrition for fat loss.
Dr Rebecca Reynolds finished her PhD investigating the effect of the glycaemic index on hormones, appetite and acne vulgaris at Sydney University in 2009 with Professor Jennie Brand-Miller. She has since worked in community-based obesity prevention at The World Health Organisation’s Collaborating Centre on Obesity Prevention and in nutrition education for fitness professionals at The Australian Fitness Network and public health nutrition students at Deakin University.
Gain access to mobile-friendly Course Materials that can be studied in bite-sized chunks, whenever and wherever works for you.