AFAA Music Essentials for Group Exercise
This course includes music clips which you will be required to listen to in order to better understand the course content. You may also be asked to listen to a music clip prior to answering questions related to the clip. To play the music clips, simply download the .mp3 files in the "Download Music Clips" folder located below. You may download the files individually or download a compressed .zip file which includes all music clips.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Online supporting articles
- Module Quizzes
- Music Clips
This AFAA Music Essentials for Group Exercise course consists of 6 modules:
- Module 1: Basic musical structure
- Module 2: Basic musical structure - Extra help
- Module 3: Applying the music in a group exercise setting
- Module 4: Applying the music in a group exercise setting - Putting it all together
- Module 5: Other consideration of music in a group exercise setting
- Module 6: Other consideration of music in a group exercise setting - Legal issues
Upon completion of the Music Essentials for Group Exercise online course you will be able to:
- Master basic music theory fundamentals (e.g., beat, phrase, and tempo)
- Apply music theory skills using CD samples of music as a “self-check."
- Determine music usage as it relates to exercise application
- Apply foot patterns and upper body conditioning exercises while using smooth transitions
- Design and implement an exercise program for a client’s specific situation and goals, complimenting that of a training partner or group
- Have mastered a competent level of knowledge and skills related to group exercise instruction through successful completion of each of the module quizzes on the material provided through this online distance study course
- Have gained continuing education credits toward all current AFAA certifications
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism as guided by the AFAA Code of Ethics and related legal guidelines.
- Online multiple choice quizzes (6 in total)
- 40 questions
- 3 attempts at the exam
- 70% passing score
- 365 days to complete
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.
AFAA (4.0), NASM (0.4)
Online Self Study