Health club owners, managers, and fitness professionals need to be aware of the standards of competence for medical emergencies which require certain basic components. As individual fitness professionals, the minimum standard of competence for medical emergencies is current adult one-person cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
There are many organizations that provide training in the area of CPR; however the gold standard has been set by two organizations, The American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Red Cross (ARC). Both of these organizations provide training for CPR that is widely accepted as the standard of competence.
The course includes:
- Online course materials
- Online articles
- Module Quizzes
The AFAA Emergency response course consist of five (5) modules including:
- Module 1: Introduction to Emergency Response
- Module 2: Common Medical Emergencies and Appropriate First Aid Response (part 1)
- Module 3: Common Medical Emergencies and Appropriate First Aid Response (part 2)
- Module 4: First Air Response for Environmental and Musculoskeletal Emergencies
- Module 5: Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Each module comes with its own quiz
- Total of 55 questions
- Passing grade 70%
Remarks: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.