- This event has passed.
Seeing the Forest from Inside the Trees: A Movement & Therapy MasterClass
October 16, 2015 at 9:00 am - October 18, 2015 at 5:00 pmHK$5000
Robin Kerr presents this movement and lumbo-pelvic flavoured Masterclass for therapists, bodyworkers and those in the fitness industry who have a passion for exploring the “Art & Science” of their profession. This is a course for those who constantly seek to alchemize their perspectives and skillbase into optimal patient/client outcomes. It is for those who prefer to not just think deeply but also “DO” without complication or fuss on a daily basis. This Masterclass is the handing over of knowledge from a dedicated clinician who has come to her own conclusions after gratefully learning from world leaders in Therapy, Movement and Fitness over the last 3 decades.
Session topics include:
- The evolution of movement and therapy theories: how we are currently reinventing the wheel, why evidenced based practice is important but not compulsory and why in therapy we need to move away from the medical model in which pain is the predominant focus.
- Do we actually have a clue what movement REALLY is? Integrating quantum theory & tensegrity into hands-on practice. How complex thinking simplifies practice.
- Practical Pearls: Breathing, voice, thoracic spine, psoas, pelvic floor, ”core”, feet/leg mechanics, recognition and management of common dysfunctional postural & movement patterns.
- Integrative and functional perspectives on the use of force, load and motion in the management of common presentations.
What you will take home:
- 30 years of hard earned experience and a road map for even the most complicated patient/client.
- A confidence that you can see more and solve more.
- The confidence to abandon therapy and fitness “dogma”.
- Ideas for new clinical tools that will make your work more fun and efficient.
- Robin’s patient education handouts and samples of her simple tools.
- You will require therapy beds, so please confirm that you are able to bring a portable table to the course.
- Friday night will include refreshments starting at 6:00 p.m.