ROCKTAPE FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping Certification
January 30, 2021 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pmHK$2800
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. FMT courses present a revolutionary way of thinking about how we move and how we injure. They integrate innovative mobility and stability strategies, along with a movement-based; practical kinesiology taping framework to deliver RESULTS.
FMT Basic introduces the evidence-based approach to taping for pain*, enhancing fluid dynamics, posture, nerve entrapment and scars. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain* mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This 8-hour certification course is intended for health practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There are no prerequisites for FMT Basic.
After this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
- Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of
rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain*, scar mobility and posture
- Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic
therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
- Demonstrate and discuss how the fascial system functions, and how kinesiology tape interfaces with the mechanical, chemical and neurosensory sub-systems of fascia.
- Understand and differentiate fluid dynamics taping applications for acute edema and chronic fluid dysfunction conditions using the jellyfish taping method.
- Discover and experiment with various tape application techniques for common musculo-skeletal injury conditons such as low back discomfort*, shoulder strains, ankle sprains and post-operative patient/client care.
- Demonstrate and apply posture taping applications for correction of common chronic postural deficits of the upper and lower spine regions.
- Discuss and interpret kinesiology taping techniques for neurologic entrapment syndromes and scar tissue