- This event has passed.
August 21, 2017 at 9:00 am - August 23, 2017 at 6:00 pmHK$8400
Fast-track injury rehab for high-value clients and elite athletes
Special skills are required to get pro athletes back into competition quickly and safely, and to prevent injury recurrence – skills that are often kept in-house and unavailable to the high-value social athlete or fitness enthusiast. In the elite in-house clinics and lockerooms, million-dollar contracts are at stake and sports management teams know that the right skills can easily make the difference between a slow or a quick return to sport; a one-off injury or recurrent chronic injury that threatens the career of a valuable athlete. Now you can learn these secrets, and how to customise them for the social or professional athlete or the superfit, at our new course: REHAB ELITE.
In Rehab Elite our Senior International Rehab Trainer Educator, Australian Sports-Specialised Physiotherapist Chris Mallac brings together all his 20 years of experience with elite athletes, his own research and writing as the world-renowned Sports Injury Doctor, and his passion and effectiveness as an Educator, to this highly practical 3-day face-to-face course.
Topics and skills covered:
- Exit Criteria for Athletes: How do you know when the client is functionally strong and ready to go back and train/play?
- The latest in PNF Technique and how it is extensively used in the athletic rehab world.
- Understanding the causative factors in overuse injuries (Chris’ famous BEETROOT formula), including the science of “Load Management”.
- The role of Muscle Stimulators from surgery to ‘fit to play, including practical sessions to experience how they can work for injuries.
- Understanding and Assessing the Pelvis and its critical and central role in high-end athletes.
- The importance of hip rotation and ankle dorsiflexion: assessment and unique mobility techniques to improve it.
- “Occlusion Training” – all you need to know on this exciting field and how it applies to rehabilitation.
- The Neuro-dynamics and what is safe “nerve stretching”.
- Understanding Optimum Function of the Pelvis and its critical and central role in high-end athletes.
- Extensive Case Studies, and much more…
What you receive on Rehab Elite:
- Three full days face to face practical learning as part of a small and carefully selected group (max 14 invited) with Chris Mallac; includes manual and handouts.
- “Stretch band” and “Pocket Physio Max” equipment by Lockerroom
- Rehab Express Online as part of pre-course preparation
- 1 year subscription to the Sports Injury Bulletin after the completion of the course.
- Elite Rehab Trainer Polo shirt.
This exclusive invite-only course will revolutionize how you manage athletes if you are an:
- Athletic Trainer / Physiotherapist working with teams
- CrossFit coach experienced with Movement Dysfunction
- Strength and Conditioning coach
- Specialized Master Rehab Trainers with an athletic client base
Trainers who have not completed Rehab Masterclass should email Educator Chris Mallac ([email protected]) for confirmation that this course is suitable for them.