- This event has passed.
Precision Nutrition : Core Nutrition Principles for Health, Performance, and Wellbeing
November 9, 2018 at 9:00 am - November 11, 2018 at 6:00 pmHK$6400.00 – HK$11000
Workshop overview & goals
- give health and fitness professionals a working understanding of time-tested, research-driven core concepts in nutrition coaching.
- show participants to apply principles of the most up-to-date nutritional science in real life, with real people, in order to help them change and improve their habits, bodies, and performance.
Day 1: Core concepts in nutritional science and coaching
- What is “good nutrition”? Is there a “best diet”? Why or why not? What are some factors to consider when designing a “best diet” for clients?
- How does nutritional science and research work?
- Nutritional biology
- Cell structure and function
- Food intake, digestion and absorption
- Energy transformation and metabolism
- Energy balance in the body
- Aerobic and anaerobic metabolism
- Macronutrients: Protein, fats, carbohydrates
- Micronutrients: Vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients
- Water, electrolytes, and fluid balance
Day 2: Advanced concepts in nutritional science and coaching
- Review of Day 1 and introduction to more advanced concepts
- How do complex biological systems affect nutritional requirements?
- Dietary preferences and intolerances
- Health & nutritional concerns of common diets
- Gastrointestinal health, immunity, and the enteric nervous system
- The physiology of taste & food preferences
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and post-partum nutrition
- Injury / illness rehab & recovery
- How to recommend supplements appropriately and safely
Day 3: Putting science into practice
- How to go from scientific theory to real-life application
- How to think like the world’s best coaches
- How to communicate effectively, build relationships, and keep clients engaged
- How to help clients take action
- The coaching process step by step, from intake to reaching goals
- How to individualize for specific clients
- How to keep clients engaged and coming back
The Online Level 1 Nutrition Certification course will be activated in the first week of December.
Precision Nutrition 3-day workshop NASM CEU’s 1.9, AFAA 15
Precision Nutrition Level One Online Certification: NASM 1.9, ACE 2.0, ACSM 20, PTA Global 24,
REPS UK 16